Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bring on the change...!

I have attended my first week of classes already and I love them! All my professors are so eager and excited to teach us, it's comforting! There's something about each of my classes that interest me, but my two favorites are Putonghua (Mandarin) and Tourism Planning and Management... actually three- also Population and Migration.. The Tourism and Population classes both involve resource management, which I've become very interested in =) As for the Mandarin courses, I am so intrigued with this language!! I will admit it's definitely complex, but I didn't know there was so much culture and history behind writing the characters! My mind was kinda blown... I also had my first taste of the city on Thursday night, and it is so lively. People in Hong Kong seem like they know how to have a good time, and I can relate to that! 

While touring the city today I realized something about myself, I am not very outgoing or talkative... I know I can be a little shy or I guess reserved. But it has really been a little challenging for me to be the to strike up conversations and just meet new people. I guess the whole idea of it is a little intimidating... I don't think I am a hard person to like once you know me, but I think people often think I'm mean or unapproachable because I have a little bit of a serious look on my face lol. I'm working on it... I hope throughout this experience that I learn or can change things about myself to make me a better sister, friend, girlfriend, daughter and person all around... 

No comments:

Post a Comment